Tuesday, November 22, 2011

TALES FROM THE CRIB!!!

Yesterday....
So I was working on a paper for that World War I class I took while I was pregnant and Olivia was playing on her playmat. Suddenly, I hear her "go to the bathroom" (the bad kind!) I hurriedly go to change her before it can leak out of her diaper and quickly realize I'm too late and it is EVERYWHERE! Out of her diaper, all over her, all over her sleeper, all over everywhere! I take off her diaper and sleeper and am reaching for a baby wipe when she suddenly decides to display her (newfound) independence and roll over, effectively smearing it MORE all over herself and also the carpet in our living room. I soon realize that mere baby wipes will not be sufficient in this case and she's going to need a bath. We normally only bathe her at night --as part of her nighttime routine-- except in special circumstances. I decided this counted as "special". I wipe her off as best I can and take her upstairs for a bath. As we're going up the stairs, she reveals she was NOT finished going to the bathroom and I am a complete FOOL for carrying her up the stairs NAKED!
This morning.....
Me: Nothing like nursing Olivia and her little hands feel like ICE CUBES!!!
My mom: Oooooohhhhh! Poor baby!
Me: Poor baby nothing! Poor mama! Putting her little ice cube hands all over my boob!
These have been more TALES FROM THE CRIB! Stay tuned for more episodes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment