Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving (A day late, but I'm still thankful!)

Happy Thanksgiving! I know I'm a day late, but after having had Olivia, I find myself thankful EVERYDAY, instead of just on this holiday. So really I'm not late--every day is a day of Thanksgiving.
Anyway, yesterday we celebrated Thanksgiving in the usual manner. Our family came over and we cooked and ate and it was DELICIOUS! Even Olivia got to eat. She sat at the table in her highchair like a big girl and ate a whole jar of organic sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes seems to be her favorite and I felt like it was appropriate for the holiday. My parents and John's mom came over and we just had fun! It was especially nice since I didn't get to cook last year (my mom got takeout, which I didn't even really get to EAT because I was so morning sick). My parents bought the already cooked turkey and I made mashed potatoes (NOT from a box!), green bean casserole, ham&broccoli rolls, candied yams, and stuffing. My dad made corn salad (which was delicious) and John's mom made pumpkin cheesecake and peacan pie. I know Olivia had no idea what was going on, but it was SO much fun! The last couple of years I've realized how blessed I am and how much I have. My birthday is Monday and my mom asked me what I wanted (in addition to some AWESOME shoes that I saw back in September) and I told her that there's nothing I want--there's nothing that I need! I have everything I could ever want (I DO want a job though! Lol) and I want to make the holidays about being with family and love and happiness and all the things the holidays SHOULD be about before our society got so greedy! I want Olivia to understand THAT'S what the holidays are really about--friends and family and being with the people you love--and NOT about just getting as many gifts as you can.
Anyway, yesterday was Thanksgiving, so here goes: I'm thankful for all the blessings God has given me: My friends, my health, my life and my family (ESPECIALLY my family!) I'm thankful that I have wonderful parents who have done everything they can to give me a great life. I'm thankful that I met a wonderful man who doesn't necessarily have it all together (who does?), but who loves me and tries so hard every day to be a great husband and father. Most of all I'm so thankful for Olivia. John and I weren't ready to become parents, but God had other plans for us. He blessed us with a beautiful, healthy, sweet, smart and WONDERFUL daughter that is a HOT MESS--just like the rest of our family--and I love her more than anything! I'm thankful for all these things and the love I feel for my family makes me feel like my heart will just BURST from it! (Okay, enough cheesiness for now... :-P)

No comments:

Post a Comment