Saturday, November 12, 2011

Not my baby!

So Olivia slept really well last night! My parents (specifically my dad) have been bothering me about feeding Olivia solid food. I had tentatively been doing that, but some days I would "forget". I realized yesterday when Olivia was very happily eating her breakfast of sweet potato mush that I'm going to have to just suck it up and accept the fact that she's growing up and needs to start eating solids. I realized the problem is not with Olivia eating solid food, it's what it represents to me, namely the fact that it means Olivia is beginning the weaning process. I know that it'll still be six months or more before Olivia totally weans off me, but this next step feels like the beginning of the end and that makes me sad. The really bad thing is that when I went to talk to John and my mom about it, they already knew how I was feeling about it and why. They can read my crazy emotions better than I can! :-/ I DON'T WANT MY BABY TO NOT NEED ME AS MUCH! But I know that being a good mom means raising her to not need me. Motherhood dilemma....what're you gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment