Thursday, November 10, 2011

John's pretty sure our baby is psychotic...

I had no earthly idea how hard it was to be a mommy! For example...as I'm typing this, I keep having to pause because Olivia keeps grabbing the laptop wires and trying to chew on them! Don't get me wrong, I love my baby--I am COMPLETELY convinced that she's the most wonderful, smart, and adorable baby in the world. Unfortunately my husband John is also just as completely convinced that she's psychotic. Just when we get into the rhythmn of having a baby, she pulls something new out of her diaper for us to enjoy. I like using examples, so I'll give you another one. From months 2-4, she had been sleeping blissfully through the night. John and I felt like new people thanks to the actual SLEEP we were getting at night. I decide it's time to move her out of her bassinet and into her regular pack and play (in preparation for her eventual move from our bedroom) ever since then, she's not only NOT slept at night, she wakes up several times. Sometimes she wants to be fed. Sometimes I just need to replace the pacie back in her mouth. Last night she went to bed at 9 and woke up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, ate for 15 minutes and then went back to sleep! I eventually just let her sleep in our bed (something that I SWORE I would never let happen) so I could just nurse her while laying in bed. She woke up in a fantastic mood and John and I woke up looking like two zombie-movie rejects that got hit by a dump truck. Fortunately for me, I'm a stay-at-home mom, so if I could actually get her to sleep without me holding her, I could take a nap. Poor John has to work all day, then go to the unit to do Army stuff.... Poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment