Monday, December 26, 2011

Had a VERY Merry Christmas!

We had a FANTASTIC first Christmas for Olivia! Poor John was working third shift on Christmas Eve, so he got off at 7am on Christmas Day. He got home and wanted to sleep, but I really wanted us to open our stockings because my parents wanted us to wait to open Olivia's presents until they came over. I really wanted the three of us (me and John and Olivia to have a little private time before all our family came over). Not that I minded sharing the present opening with family--this way we got to do both. I feel kind of guilty because John was REALLY tired! He's really behind on sleep because of working third shift so much lately. Now he's working first shift, which works MUCH better with our schedules. Anyway, John's mom came over with some stuffed French toast and fruit salad for John, then my parents came over and we made all the food for Christmas lunch. Then we opened presents. Olivia really loved that remote controlled car John got her. She even figured out really quickly that if she shook the rattle, the car would drive around in circles. I hate to brag so much on my own child and I know I'm partial, but she's SO SMART! Lol. Anyway, we ate and watched A Christmas Story and that was our Christmas. Pretty quiet, but I think it was a little much for Olivia--she started being pretty cranky and woke up once last night--at 4:30am, then went back to bed and slept till 7am, which was WAY later than she normally sleeps. I got up with John and packed his lunch with leftovers and ate breakfast before she even woke up. It was a great first Christmas for Olivia. I was really happy. :-) I'm really happy with my lot in life lately. I was on the couch with Olivia today and she was asleep on my chest and I was thinking that I really ought to put her down and do some laundry and then I thought What the hell. She's only going to want to take a nap in my arms for a limited time. She's growing up so fast it won't be long till high school and dating and proms and graduation and I want to savor this darn it! Nobody ever looks back on their life and thinks "Should've done more laundry!", but they DO look back and wish they had more time with their loved ones. So I'm going to take it while I can and worry about other things later!

No comments:

Post a Comment