Monday, December 19, 2011

Job interviews, Anniversary, and Christmas preparations, OH MY!

So this last week I had two more job interviews! That makes four job interviews this month, which is awesome because prior to this I'd had a grand total of ZERO! I felt like I was sending my resume out into the black hole of unemployment. My first was a Customer Service Representative job with AT&T. My mom had recommended it to me, but I wasn't really all that excited. I heard back from them almost immediately though. My mom says they had to fire basically the whole department and are hiring all new people. They said my background was perfect for the job (let's hear it for 6 years in the customer service/retail industry!) It wasn't really a job interview though, it was a computer test. They made us take three tests, one of which was a simulation of customer phone calls using the actual computer system they use for the calls. I feel like I did really well on it and there's no reason I SHOULDN'T get that job, which would be perfect for me. I think I would really enjoy it and I would be working in the same building as my mom, so I would get to eat lunch with her everyday, which would be awesome. There's also a Kindercare really close by so Olivia could go to daycare there and I'd be able to get her if anything came up. The other was for La Petite Academy. They were looking for someone to fill in shifts and run their afterschool program for older grade children. John had a job interview with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept. They were unsure of him at first because he told them about getting fired from Carmax. He told them what happened (and it really was Pip's fault anyway) and they said it had been almost 18 months since it happened and it wasn't really all that bad anyway. They're taking him in for the polygraph and agility tests soon. I'm hoping that soon John and I will both have new jobs! If we did, life would be absolutely perfect for us--a nice house, good jobs, and a beautiful, healthy, sweet baby girl--what more could anyone want out of life?
Today is John's and my 3rd anniversary. I got really mad at John yesterday because I thought we were going to be doing something for our anniversary yesterday (he was supposed to work today, but traded shifts with somebody). I thought he hadn't planned anything for us--he does that kind of often. We got into a fight about it and I told him I just didn't want to do anything for any of our anniversaries because I was tired of expecting him to do stuff for it and being disappointed! Then I found out he had planned for his mom to babysit Olivia today so that we could have a date-day and he had wanted it to be a surprise for me because he knows how much I love surprises. That made me feel like a total dirtbag... :-/ I did apologize though. I really was sorry....
We went Christmas shopping for Olivia yesterday and it was oh-so much fun! I got her one of those things where you stack the different sized rings and John got her a remote-controlled car. Yes....really.... It's RATTLE controlled. The baby shakes the rattle and the car goes. It's supposed to teach cause-and-effect or something, but I think John just thought it was awesome. It was pretty cool. It says for 6 mos+, but I don't think Olivia will be able to figure it out for a while anyway... Lol We're having Christmas at our house this year--we actually decorated (okay, I actually decorated) and my parents and John's mom normally don't. Also, it's easier to have everyone come to us all at once instead of us trying to get Olivia around to visit everybody else. I'm excited. I think Olivia will really enjoy this Christmas (as much as she can) and she REALLY loves seeing my parents and John's mom, so that'll be a nice treat. I don't think she's seen Barbara since THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment