Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First day of daycare

So we decided to start sending Olivia to daycare this week so she can get used to it (also so I can get used to it) and I can get some stuff done around the house that I desperately need to get done before I start my new job next week. Today was Olivia's first day at daycare. I decided to use it as a trial run to make sure that I could get ready, get her ready, feed her, and get her and all her stuff loaded up in the car and to the daycare center and make it to work on time--while contending with morning I-65 traffic. Unfortunately Olivia was up all last night and we only got about 4 hours of sleep. I woke up a half hour later than I had originally meant to get up, but we still somehow managed to get everything ready and get her over there in plenty of time. John and I dropped her off in the infant room and then went to the director's office to finish filling out some of her paperwork. When we went back to check on her before we left, she was perfectly happy, sitting in the swing, munching on her caterpillar and smiling at everybody who walked by. We left and ran a bunch of errands and did some stuff around the house and I left to go get her this afternoon when John left for work. They said she had two and half of the four bottles I packed for her and was "cheerful and content" the whole day. They said she did great and participated in "circle time" and played with blocks and was a perfectly happy little girl the whole day. She only got one nap though (and she's normally used to two), so she was pretty tired and fell asleep on the way home. I let her sleep, but woke her up and am trying to keep her awake till it's time for her bedtime routine. We're moving her bedtime an hour earlier since I'm going to have to get up pretty early and I don't want her napping this close to bedtime. I can tell she's really tired though--her eyes look red-rimmed and she's being kind of fussy. Poor thing. I'm super proud of her for doing so well in daycare and it wasn't as bad for me as I thought it was going to be. John kept reminding me that I could call if I wanted, but that they would call me if anything happened. I'm glad I got to stay home with her for as long as I did (almost 7 months) because if I had sent her to daycare when she was 6 weeks old, it would have been considerably harder. I'm so excited though about all the blessings God has given us! John OFFICIALLY found out about his job today and I passed my background check, so we're both officially employed in really good jobs. I'm super excited about it. It's so wonderful for our family. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment