Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Secret diary of a working mom (but maybe not for long...)

So I haven't updated since I started my job. Not sure why except that being a working mom is a lot harder and more time consuming (for me anyway) than being a stay at home mom. I've had my job for two months now and I've been OVER THE MOON happy! I love having a reason to wear nice clothes and leave the house. I feel like I'm contributing (financially anyway) to our family and because of our financial problems being lifted, it's really helped me and John's marriage. Olivia is doing really well in daycare and I really enjoy the time I get to spend with her a lot more now--I'm more appreciative of it. I don't get to spend as much time with her anymore, so the time I do is more precious. The only problem with my job is the strict attendance policy--I can't miss ANY time! I missed a half day twice when I had pneumonia which wasn't a super huge deal, but then on Friday, I got terribly, TERRIBLY sick at work. I was throwing up and being super sick. I called my mom to come pick me up (I couldn't drive and John was supposed to be picking up Olivia) and I told her that I was really sick and needed her to come get me and take me to the hospital. They took me to the ER and they had to do a CT scan on my stomach. They found a blockage in there (they don't know what caused it) and told me that I would have to be hospitalized for a few days with a tube up my nose and down the back of my throat into my stomach to drain out all the stuff that had built up in my stomach. Luckily John was able to get his mom to spend the night at our house with Olivia so he could spend the first night with me in the hospital. It was TERRIBLE! I only got a little sleep because that tube really hurt! Olivia came to the hospital to see me the next day and I had missed her so so bad. It was the first night we had ever spent away from each other...in her whole life! I really missed her, but she was freaked out by the tube up my nose and didn't really want me to hold her or anything. :-( I'm better now, but I had to miss three days of work because I was so sick. I don't have to go back to work till tomorrow, but I'm so terrified I'm going to be fired. I really don't want to lose my job, but I was so so sick. I knew it was a possibility when I left on Friday, but I don't see how I could have done it any differently. I didn't want to lose my life and not get to see my little girl grow up just trying to keep my job and that was kind of a possibility if I hadn't gone to the hospital. I guess I'll just have to trust that God is leading my life in the direction that it needs to be going....

No comments:

Post a Comment