Sunday, January 15, 2012

New job and Ferber Method

So much has happened since the last time that I posted that I hardly even know where to begin! To start with...John and I did decide to stick with the Ferber Method (commonly known as the Cry It Out Method) I was pretty apprehensive about it because..well...just because. It was hard, but the second night, she only cried for 15 minutes (with us checking on her every little bit, of course) before she went to sleep. She slept until about 3 am and I moved her into our bed. The night before last she cried for about 30 minutes before going to sleep, but she unfortunately rolled over and whacked her head on the slates of the crib and woke up. She eventually went back to sleep and slept till 4am. I moved her back into our bed. Last night she cried when we put her in her crib, but was asleep before we even made it down the stairs. She slept until 6am! That's the longest she's slept by herself in her crib and she seems so perky and happy this morning! It's amazing. I want to say I wish we had done it sooner, but I don't. I'm glad we did it when she's older because...well...she's older and it's better to do when she's not just a little baby. It's ESPECIALLY good because...I finally got a job! My mom pulled it so that I got an official interview for that AT&T job and even though they said I wasn't as qualified as some of the other candidates, they hired me anyway! I start Monday, January 23. This means Olivia is going to start daycare, of course. We're taking her tomorrow to get her enrolled and see if she can go a couple of days this week to get used to it before I'm working. The same day I got the AT&T job, John found out he got that job with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept. so we're finally gonna be completely set! I'm so, SO excited! I'm finally gonna have everything I've always wanted out of my life--a real, big girl job, a wonderful husband, a beautiful baby, a nice house, financial security...What more could a woman want from life? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment